Monday, June 25, 2007

Wedding bells and leaving the country…for good.

25th of June

Juno is the goddess of marriage
June was named after her
People call June the wedding-month

Walking down the aisle

It was one (of two) of those weird topics that I never dreamt of hearing in the past week.

Two of my very close friends (in the whole wide universe) are talking about it.

Two out of hmmm...ten very close friends
(So you count the KDs in…that’s 3...ten minus 2 –brides, not KD minus 3 –KD...that will make it 5…5 missing very close friends left…are you one of them? )

Try my Gazillion close friends.

I have nothing against the idea, it’s just that I think (therefore I am) it’s too early for this. I am not prepared. But as I’ve mentioned before I have nothing against it. I believe I successfully pass on the stage of being somebody’s devils advocate on relationship issues.

Maybe the idea of loosing someone very special is not so appealing to me. Okay, people may argue that marriage is a bond blah blah… it’s like adding someone to the family….nothing to worry…

Nah.

Anyway, it’s their life.

I really want to wish them well.

And I’m excited to practice for the entourage.

I want to be the flower girl.

My very good friend Grace is among the hopeful bride…err sure bride-to-be

I want you all to meet her

Close your eyes….. think of Juno, minus the fake French accent, plus long hair, plus glasses, minus faghag, hmmm ze brains? two different brainy individuals (Jb should give me something for this), plus lots of gran, plus blooming love life…loves anime, into technology (and beyond)….frank…funny…practical….

You’ll have Grace.

Grace should pay me double.

I wish her well.

She’s my ultimate partner in crime (all sorts of them)

I will surely miss her.

Speaking of missing someone, two (again) of my good friends decided to leave the country.

It was really sad to think that these good people gave up all their hopes of better life in our country.

It was so depressing that I even make a list of all the things that I want to have when they return, including the size of my shirt and shoes.

Yeah.

No comments: