I practically grew comfortable seeing Juno in most days of my life for six long years. Back in college, then at PSA. My mornings always started with her greetings, ended with her goodbyes (aside from seeing her every morning, she’s also among the last faces that I see after my day is off… on my way home) so you see it is really hard for me to finally say goodbye, no matter how temporary it is.
July 31, 2009 is her last day at PSA.
As she is, she candidly mentioned her plan of resignation (actually it was already filed) over dinner at Tokyo CafĂ© located at MOA about a month ago. I did try my best to try not to think so much about it. As escapist as I am, I try every bit of distraction that I can think of. Of course, I did manage to let that “truth” slip for a while but I can only delay my agony so to speak. About a week ago, I suddenly find myself in a situation where I am in a brink of breaking down emotionally. I cried during a ride on the way home. Cried while I’m writing her a letter (thinking back, I think it really did me good that I already let that out a week ago…). It’s weird and funny at the same time. Funny that I only see scenes like that in movies, weird that I am being too emotional these days (hormones I think).
I hated the idea of parting in general.
I tried to be cool about it, but I hated it. It’s like taking me away from comfort zones. It’ll take me awhile before I bounce back from it.
My mornings will never be the same so to speak, but I know that I will now be looking forward to great weekends instead.
Our relationship as colleagues ended but our friendship continues and lives on… maybe ‘til Kingdom comes…
For now, I will try my best to force myself to wake up every morning and go to work… finding an extra empty seat (among so many) knowing that things will never be the same
2 comments:
T_T Beth pinaiyak mo na ako twice (hulaan mo kung saan duuun). Ika nga ni MJ, just call my name and I'll be there. While being a professional bum, I'll forage through informants on the latest office chismax, hehe. I should probably write a newsletter entitled "Outside the Box" hahaha.
I won't be too emotional on this comment pero aylabyoo. Kayo ng KD.
PS. Dahil malayo na ako sa piling mo I've decided hindi na bayaran mga utang ko. Hahaha. Biro laaaaaaaaaaaang.
PS 2. Gusto mo ayusin ko layout mo? I-organize (re-arrange the gadgets at update the links) ko lang since ako din naman nag ayos nito dati. email mo saken useratpass mo. Yan ang tatrabahuhin ko sa bahay haha.
jebi
heheh... di ko mahulaan saan dun :P
anyway, di ko pa naiisip yung lay out blah blah nito... hayaan mo na muna...
yung utang mo. mas malaki ang tubo... hehehe... bumbay!
Post a Comment