August 04, 2009 my 24th Birth Anniversary. Initially I filed the day for a leave, which I withdraw during the last minute because the next day (August 5) is declared non-working holiday. Aside from the usual greetings, I’ve received card and some accessory from Jb – which she predicted would be a potential white elephant but to prove her wrong I wore it every time (translated: every time I don’t forget where I placed it or every time unless otherwise I decided that it would look better with my other accessories and be a white elephant for good). At home, I just had dinner with family, as we were practicing since time immemorial whenever we celebrate (never been a fan of lavish celebration so we do things simple). I thought that would end my celebration, but life has full of surprises especially if Ate Leth is your friend. She loves to pull off some drama, to almost anything. Instead of just giving me a birthday cake, she came up with one of her award winning ploy.
I have no wishes, nor intend to have one. I think my life in general is good, and that the Almighty Creator has been good to me. Plus I have my family and friends with me.
August 08, 2009 marked the first wedding anniversary of a dear friend, Grace. I think I’ve mentioned a year back that among the eight of us, during our high school days she is the least likely to get married because one, she’s not so into ‘boys’ then she has one of the strongest personality that I know of (translated as: boys got intimated) and the idea of marriage itself is far-fetched for her. Surprise of all surprises she’s the first one to tie the knot. 365 ¼ days passed. I wasn’t sure what to expect, it was my first ‘first wedding anniversary’ party to date. I never really know if there were certain traditions for the paper anniversary. Gladly, there was none... or if there’s any, they never practiced it. The celebration was just simple; sort of get together thanksgiving only for closest friends. Shean with her boy toy, Eleonor, Celina and me. As full pledged multi-taskers, we manage to squeeze chismis, food and 2 movies in so little time. As always, we reminisce and laugh at our kalokohans.
I know this is just the beginning of more years of wedding and birth anniversaries; of laughter, love and friendship.
No comments:
Post a Comment