Monday, July 27, 2009

WeekendScapade 101

(Warning: patience needed, post is quite long)

July 25, 2009
Cinemalaya Cinco @ CCP
My first taste of Cinemalaya
It was more on an impulsive urge to watch something in Cinemalaya and to prove that I have no ‘tampo” over Cors that I agreed to have this one day spent with her over a couple of movies.

After much consideration and re-consideration... and a couple of minutes of brainstorming. Cors and I ended up with: “Saan Nagtatago Si Happiness” at “Ang panggagahasa kay Fe” (trans: The Rupture of Fe).
Unfortunately: Happiness is sold out. Next pick: Pisay. Again, sold out.

So there.

The Rupture hoopla- for those interested to know what is the movie all about just google it (chrome it!).

Spoiler Alert:

Here’s my not- so-artsy/expert take on the film (translated as: I am not a film critic so bear with it). I like it. It was more of the awakening of Fe’s “kamalayan” (consciousness?) ... the supernatural kapre provides an escape to the painful reality that Fe is into (same goes to Art).

There’s certain femininity to the film that one cannot ignore...for one, the use of avocado. I have read it somewhere that avocado represent a womb or something like that ...i just can’t remember where exactly i have read that or what was the exact thing about avocado and womb connection but if you manage to find it..just tell me so i can straighten out my facts.

Back to the film, Irma Adlawan and Carding (sorry can’t get over the primetime bida character) played their specific roles beautifully, believably. Anyway, TJ Trinidad improved tremendously...acting wise. Gone are the teeny-bopper styles. Yehey! But there’s a lot more to improve on. And I believe that he could possibly be one of the finest if honed. Okay Nonie Buencamino? Do i need to add anymore praises to this guy? Well... he is just classic, great great one.

Hanging question: will Fe eat the black rice?... if I were to chose for her. I will. I am an escapist.

Let’s take it this way, the fabled black rice will provide a pure escape from the harsh reality. It’ll end Fe’s suffering. I think there’s the need for her to completely cut herself off the pains, she had suffered enough. On the other hand, Fe needs to fight back... for her life and happiness. If her happiness lies in the arms of Art then by all means fight for it. Dante has Gie. It’ll be a win-win situation. Okay, society will look at it differently... Fe will be the whore and Dante will be... just Dante. But to hell with hypocrites and machismo ideals
This is one thing that i love most about indie films, it makes me think 

KKK
@Rob Ermita

I learned that Apolinario Mabini is to the Apron as Jose Rizal is to the wall.
Sugpo ala KKK is sumptuous, paired with Kaning Puti (from now on intend to call plain rice as such) and Sago’t Gulaman. Bistek Tagalog is not for me... but i will recommend that you try it first.

As for the price, affordable... dishes are good for 2-3 persons.

HP6

-managed to let out few giggles and laughs; special effects -as always- looks very very good and expensive (half wishing that the people behind twilight saga notices both the ‘very very good’ and ‘expensive’ part)
Am i disappointed? Nah! I am not, mainly because i didn’t come up with any expectations at all. And it felt good.

July 26, 2009
Jollibee Baymart
Cedric James’ 1st Birth Anniversary
Birthday-slash-Volta Reunion-slash-Business Party/Meeting
Strength: Grace, Arnold,Eleonor, Shiela, Lorena, Mary, RoseAnn
First, it felt a little awkward to be seated on the same table with some of these people. Let me re-phrase that, it felt awkward to see us all seated in the same table. Together. No major brouhaha just awkward. For no particular reason at all
Anyway, it was fun. To let out the child in me
Despite the bad weather, i had fun. Being soaked in rain is fun except that now... i know that i am human enough to get sick.
And Jollibee is sooo.... (i need an adjective besides ‘gay’) happy!

1 comment:

reaching for the spoon said...

Ipon na ipon ang weekend escapades mo a,lol. Game ako itry KKK libre niyo ni Cors ofcorsh.

jb