Monday, July 27, 2009

KB24 in Manila (Part (II)

July 21, 2009

It was like looking @ an impossible dream coming to life, although I am a couple of feet away from him.
Back in April I came up with my own bucket list, some sort of list of things that I want to do/to accomplish during my lifetime or during my whole borrowed time. Items on the list included watching Kobe play.
His Asia tour is far from the game that I am actually dreaming of... but it was closer to the idea of it.
I just saw him. I literally grasped when he entered the stadium (dramatic entrance that is!)
It was breathtaking, purely magical
I really find it hard to express it but here’s my best shot:
Everybody knew that I like Piolo Pascual, really oogling over him. I watched his shows, no matter how crappy it is (some), when I saw him in concert (twice) I was really ecstatic.
The whole Piolo experience is nothing compared to the Kobe thing.

I endured long queues just to get a ticket. I’ve exerted extra effort just to wake up earlier than usual (for a weekend) and travel to bhs (and also to ultra). I’ve come up with a couple of lies just to see him at ultra 
But guess what?
It was all worth it... worth the time, the effort. He is indeed worth lying for.
Anyway, his visit is a part of his tour in selected Asian countries sponsored by Nike. It was some training camp where he shared some of his secrets (well, not so) in offense/defense. He shared some of his basic moves (trade moves) and show off some of his skills (sadly, no dunk!). Also, to promote shoes specially made for Asians 
It was just a short training camp... just lasted an hour or less (my estimate)
After his visit @ Manila, he headed straight to Singapore... then to some other cities in Asia

Out of Topic:
Bevz spotted Gerald Anderson, Richie Paul Gutierrez, Dindin of Parokya ni Edgar among other celebs in the crowd
Daddy Jake spotted Rich Alvarez, Dondon Hontiveros among others

Post script: I need to note that Gerald Anderson is all beefed up, in a good good way.

No comments: