Zena and I took time out from all the usual things that we do on a Sunday, and decided to meet up at Megamall.
Originally, I came up with this plan some weeks back to give some time to sit back and listen to Zena. I know she needs someone now just to listen to her…plus, to have some fun.
Rendezvous: French Baker, Megamall. 2 p.m.
First stop: SHakey’s
Fact: I do not like Pizza; Zena does.
I had Regular Beef and Onion thin crust pizza. She had Bunch of Lunch (combination of pizza, spaghetti, potato chips and chicken)
I just can’t believe Zena’s appetite. She finished both her meal and mine.
After some chit chat, off we went…
Next stop: NBS
My idea
Just checked on some items
Then: Worlds of Fun
We actually eyed on Timezone but the WoF’s token is more attracting than the Techy cards.
Car Racing: Round 1
I finished 5th among the 5 contenders, Zena 4th
Good enough [and she’s bragging about her win]
Shoot out: Round 1
We managed 30++ points within the limit of 1 minute, so we had 60 sec bonus game time
Shooting: Round 1
I do not know what they call that game, you just have to work with a partner and gun down all the bad guys (translated as: military men)…our first attempt is an awful one… we did not last long… just a waste of time and token.
Hitting Game
I played this one. Some stress relieving game. It worked by hitting some animals hiding in a mole…. Okay, just imagine having an opportunity to hit someone you hate… I did, and it felt good.
The Indiana Jones Hunting game
This is a milk cow game…imagine a chance to win over 900 tokens with just using a single one (as the Ads said)… I admit that I seldom win in games of chance (I remember only winning twice, so far, in my life time)… I let Zena play. She won 3 tokens…a nice pay for one token…maybe it was beginner’s luck, because her next attempt became an utter disappointment….
Bottom line: I still cannot figure how this one works….
Car Racing: Round 2
One on One match-up and guess what? I won.
Modesty aside, I slammed in all the concrete barriers… swept every side walk, rammed in sharp curves…even stopped for some second but I managed to reach the checkered flag first….. haha…look who’s bragging now….
Realization: I am not fit to drive.
Shoot out: Round 2
Again we did well… we are born to superstars….
Shooting: Round 2
Well…we made progress. we gunned down more men, and lasted longer….
We collected 21 tickets… Zena insisted on exchanging our tickets for some clip (which costs 20 tickets). While brainstorming on what to do with our 21 tickets, we saw this little boy with his kuya (or young dad, or guardian) who seemed to like a small toy car that costs 20 tickets ... his kuya (or young dad, or guardian) said that they only have 17 tickets… they cannot afford to have that toy…. This adorable kid seemed to understand his guardian and did not insist on having that toy car….
It is in a way heart breaking to watch.
So guess what we did… we donated ours….
This is the least we can do to make that boy happy.
Okay….Zena wanted that clip BADLY…..but time calls for little sacrifice…
Talk of Act of Random Kindness…
The day had been exhausting but I enjoyed every moment of it.
Tomorrow will be another day…
No comments:
Post a Comment