The Year that was and The Year that will be
2009 has been a difficult time for most of us: we kicked off with bad economy (most especially for industries that depends on foreign companies); then there are numerous natural calamities -I believe that I am not alone in saying that we had the worst flood in Metro Manila to date; a handful of deaths (of celebrities and famous personalities).
Despite all of these things, I do not want to think of the year as a dark chapter in my life. As Ted Failon put it, if you have not loss any family member this year..then you are lucky.
I consider myself one, and I praise the Lord for that.
Not that I am insensitive for those who suffered loss, I am just trying to be optimistic amidst all the negativity…
On a Global scale: we’ve witnessed the election of the first African-American president (which I am a fan of); the championship of the Lakers (which I am also a fan of) ; the continuous rise of Usain Bolt to superstardom, breaking every record there is to break… even his own;
On a local one: Pacquiao permanently made mark on boxing history- landing on the covers of Time (If I’m not mistaken, making him only the 5th Pinoy to achieve it ) Efren bagged the Top prize as CNN’s Hero of the Year; Indie Films being recognized abroad; shows being nominated to Daytime Emmy’s;
There is really more, however I can only think of the ones listed above (so far)
On a more personal note: I’ve seen Kobe, as well as Kareem, Divac among other NBA stars that visited the Philippines…Okay, the Kobe thing just says it all… It just made my year complete, all the other things blocked out… nah! I’ve had a lot to be happy about… the addition of an angel to the family, the addition of new souls to my life…new friends, new horizon that I will pursue..
To sum it all up, though the year has many downs, I’ve thrived…it’s because I’ve had my family and friends with me.
For the coming year, I’ve had many plans… I am writing it all up.
One thing is for sure, whatever it is that I’ve learned from my 2009 will not go to waste…I will take it in 2010, and hopefully become a better me.
2 comments:
Thank you for the friendship.Cheers!To more years of it :)
Happy new year!Wohoo!:)
Yay your blog is resurrected! Indeed, 2009 was simply a bad shot however, I believe 2010 will bring back everything we've lost and more.
Bravo!
jb
Post a Comment