Terms that one will encounter along the way:
Hallahan Moment = characterized by redness of cheeks due to overwhelming emotion, shortness of breathing, incoherence, and inability to come up with intellectual harangue. Experienced by girls (mostly) upon the first sight of Greg or anyone Greg-like. Secondary sign include clumsiness which may not manifest at all.
Hallahan Syndrome = if after the Hallahan moment, symptoms are still manifested. It may last from a day to weeks… who knows if years (still on progress of finding out) and/or every time one sees Greg or that Greg-like species.
----
I had another Hallahan moment. This time no Hallahan is present.
It was my brother’s birth anniversary celebration. Food flooded. Soda. Wine. Videoke. So typical of my family’s concept of fun and celebration.
I just showed up at around 6 pm, though the party started at 4 or 5 p.m. I was just in the room.
I did finish a couple of songs, and was about to start for new one (my choice: Fame) when my cousin arrived. I really expect that she’s with her beau as always, so I just continued with what it is that I am supposed to do… that is to sing…. Then, out of nowhere somebody peeked from her side. It was her friend, Iñaki.
There the Hallahan moment. I did utter something though, instead of pleasantries I did manage to say: OH MY GOD! (All caps, not an exaggeration). I was caught off guard (Hallahan moment in progress).
Hahahaha.
It could be an exaggeration on my part but the man is ….. (I am speechless).. sooooooooo Greg-like (Greg is so far, a god)
Bouncing back, I manage to fake some laugh while my cousin introduce us all (whole family).
It seemed that my cousin’s beau and Iñaki just dropped by, they left after a couple of minutes (5 to 10, but it seemed eternity for me)
The end of the encounter
In the past, I was seldom affected by the presence of god-like creatures. Oftentimes, I completely ignore them. But this is really becoming a habit. Twice in a year is soooo not me.
I know, it’s sooo highschool.
Okay, I will try to orient my self –visualize- god-like creatures surrounding me so I will not be totally caught in another situation like this… better be prepared.
By the way, to set the record straight I do not think this is mutual between the two of us. He’s totally not affected by my presence at all. So Zena, there’s no chance at all that (and I quote)
may kumpare na kami (kd)(end quote).
I don’t think it will bloom in something romantic on my part. It’s just like seeing someone attractive…imagine seeing piolo, there’s something but not romantic at all…
No comments:
Post a Comment