Sunday, October 19, 2008

The darkest part of the night

It is a fact that I am a fan of twilight not of S. Meyer – the creator. I seldom fall in love with the authors…this is the reason why I loved diverse genres and types of books. Proof of my being fanatic is my past two entries in my blog. I joined my first online community, which I actively participated in and even attended my first book discussion. I never ceased searching every national book store just to complete my twilight saga, even though I have read the first three books online. I took half day leave on my birth anniversary just to claim the Breaking Dawn Book that was released on the same day. As if that is not enough, I joined a twilight related contest via the community. With sheer luck I won.

Some things do have limitations, and I think I have reached it.

The community is talking about pinoy twilight, not some rip off but new ideas running through the same baseline. And they are eyeing on GMA, with Marian and Dingdong…

These were just ideas of the administration. Just ideas. Mere ideas.
And I do not like it. I never dreamt of it. Never tried to think about it.
In a way, maybe I hated it.

I sometimes thought of novels as something sacred in its original form, as if someone is committing sacrilege if they try to change it… It is okay to have some story based on another, or influenced by another story. But I believe that we are far more talented than that.

Plus, they cannot make me change my channel.

I’m still a twilighter.

Less of a community member

No comments: