I went to Twilight_Coven_Philippines(TCP)'s Book Discussion on Breaking-Dawn (BD). It was my first Book Discussion to date so I really had cold feet....
Okay, I was thinking that there could be 'vampiric' activity behind all these... imagine a sort-of convention where all the readers/lovers/haters/believers/Usi gathered in no less than PowerBo0ks....how fascinating it could be if a ritual did occur and passerby would just think that because it is a 'coven' of geeks/bookworms and they turn to ignore shrieking crowd thinking that a new book has just been launch... as if nothing serious happened....It was really cool that mono bloc chairs were even covered with white cloth...imagine the blood....really, that would've been the 'IT' thing.
sadly, no biting nor simple bloodletting occur.
anyway, I wasn't really planning on actively participating.... since it is my first time...
okay, it is as if I am attending a group counseling session done in Library setting....
the Book was dissected and discussed into parts...
Facilitator's Processed. asked what we think of this and that ---really sooo counseling.
since I intend to be the spectator, I did not mingle too much... I manage to introduce myself to my seatmates... first is Mimi (Miranda) and then Melissa.
it was a very short acquaintance with Mimi since she left her seat (beside me) to sit with her friend (who is late)... all I can say is that she definitely look nice...
well, for Melissa. most part of the day, we do not talk much... I was actually listening to everyone's opinion.. in my mind battling out with mine... (haha)... but for the few hours we did manage to talk a little... She's 27 working as an editor (wait, I could've been wrong) in Quezon City, and living at Marikina... She's a woman of substance... I can sense it.. there's depth in it.... so sorry that our conversations were cut short....
overall rate: it is really a good thing to mingle with people with the same interest as mine... we understood our own jargon, we have our own world..... but I think I don't want to go overboard.... this could be my last Book Discussion (not Organizers fault, more of personal thing)...
but by the way, I have Pins/Buttons.
it proves that I am so into this.....
No comments:
Post a Comment