Monday, July 09, 2007

Raining,,,Men!

So rainy season is officially on…. I’ve been seeing umbrellas everywhere…red, blue, green… different colors, sizes….and even company brands…

For the past week, as a doting sister to James it was my obligation to fetch him with umbrella whenever he had forgotten to brought one and it was raining hard. Waiting for him is one tough job; I have to be creative in killing 10 minutes of my waking life…. I manage to survive the week by staring at the people with their precious umbrellas…. I happen to scout on some cute umbrella travel stories… one shared with friends, the other by lovers, and then the soloist. There are also people who don’t have umbrella so they’re walking fast paced, half-running half-walking, jogging, and others literally running…

Umbrella is a necessity in this season, so why don’t they buy one?

Can’t blame them. I used to be one of those people who don’t like bringing umbrella. I loved the rain more than I loved the sun…droplets of rain create some drama that rays of sun are incapable of….some sort of magic…

I manage to survive the no-umbrella-during-rainy-season drama so they surely will…


*
Men’s Basketball

Team Pilipinas won against Team Qatar today. Coach Chot Reyes was slapped by two technical fouls during the final minute of the third quarter therefore qualifying him for an automatic ejection. So the team pulled through without their head coach. Assistant coaches plus the talents of the players saved the day.

It was a struggle to memorize all the names of the players from different countries participating in Jones Cup so my brothers, sister and I devised an ingenious way to quickly remember who’s who by some name association….

There’s jumong….a Taiwanese player who have long black hair like jumong (as my brother pointed out);

then there’s tawi-tawi boy, another Taiwanese player who looked like a pinoy from tawi-tawi who by miracle of some omnipotent powers managed to cross the ocean when he was still a little boy and survive the odds of life in Taiwan…and the rest they say is history;

then, there’s Kian a pinoy player who looked like PBB season two’s Kian… he’s actually brown skinned but all the facial features are same…so Kian it is…. (he’s Gabe Norwood);


Frankenstein, because he’s 7’3;

there’s Vaness Wu, Andy Lau, Uma Khouny (PBB season 1) and so many more….

The name-game was a fun part…we bond while supporting the National team…

No comments: