Thursday, May 31, 2007

De lata chronicles and the reason why I love the game….

My family lunched over de lata.

I am the housekeeper, simply translated: chimay, chimi-aa. I am too lazy to cook real food…and besides I am busy watching basketball. Nobody dared to argue with me. De lata was the easiest meal bar none –or so I think. I also believe that they enjoyed the meal…it was sold-out simut-sarap!

Preparing the meal was tough; it needed so much effort to twist the can opener.

The meal was over but the journey of the lata continues.

Few months ago our family turned into environmental advocates… yes… we segregate our garbage.

We are trying to help preserve Mother Nature.

It will count few weeks before we ‘turn-over’ the lata that provided our lunch to the ‘authorities’…we are trying to have schedule for them to be picked-up.

For the good of the world… of course world peace!!

***********************************************************

Basketball

Internacional

The Spurs advances to the Finals –hurray!

They are now waiting for the East Conference Champs –between the Cavaliers and Pistons.

I hope the Cavaliers will win 2 straight games more.

I wanted to see King James –LeBron James- to the Finals. I’m excited to see the match-up between him and Duncan.

Speaking of Tim Duncan or Timmy –as Tony Parker fondly calls him, I believe he deserves to be the MVP of the Finals... he’s so humble, every time people ask him why their team play so well, he’ll easily give credit to his team mates in spite of the fact that he too contributed to it… okay MVP demands more than humility.

Speaking of humility, rumors are out that Kobe Bryant wanted to be traded…he did but now he changed his mind…Good, I think it will be hard for fans –especially for me-to associate him to other teams.


Locale/Nacionale

Let’s all congratulate the RP team headed by Coach Chot Reyes for a very good SEABA game. I had been following the story of the team, I am happy for them. Join me in praying for their success for the upcoming qualifiers for the Olympics. I am itching to see Filipino athletes go against the Dream Team! Let’s support them in prayers!

**************************************************************

I would like to thank Jb for all the modifications that she did – okay, modification was an understatement it should be overhaul. Anyway, thanks.

No comments: