Title: Love Me Again (Land Down Under)
This movie is my first of the year, thus marking the beginning of my year long motion picture escapade. And what better way to start it than to watch it with friends.
This is one of the highly anticipated films of the year (on my list that is). For one, it is Angel Locsin’s first project under Star Cinema so all eyes were on her. Then, there’s Piolo. Also, as the first film of Star Cinema for 2009 the expectation is quite high. Of course, I have been hearing a lot about this film since last year.
Verdict: Overrated in some ways but managed to deliver, not wholly disappointing.
Piolo is hot.
Okay, I’ll try to be as objective as I can.
[Spoiler alert]
First, the film highlighted the beauty of Bukidnon. I can’t count the number of times I was wowed by the place… the cinematography was great. Angel Locsin portrayed the role very convincingly; she improved tremendously in her acting… I do love the ‘love scene’… yes, it was sexy. Very. Then, Piolo is hot without even trying. Nash is admirable in his portrayal as Angel’s brother.
I loved the transition of scenes from Bukidnon to Australia, the whole drama of just hearing a song and seeing things unfold…
Story line is simple yet somehow they [still] managed to make it desirable.
This is one of those films which direct audience not to think at all during the whole 1 hour [plus] because it is all there… it embodies my idea of entertainment. It has a touch of everything: romance, drama, comedy, and action. Yes, it is entertaining.
Yet somehow, something is missing. The ‘IT’ factor, the force that makes an audience want to watch the film all over again. Head over heals.
4 buckets out of five [counting cinematography, Angel’s improvement, Piolo’s abs, the kilig factor, and the number of times I gasp – plus my almost gasp moments]
No comments:
Post a Comment