how long have i been away from the TV? well, i just missed this HUGE Malu Fernandez issue...errr, controversy.
just read the excerpt that i got somewhere:
The Controversial Article published in People Asia Magazine last June 2007!
"However I forgot that the hub was in Dubai and the majority of the OFWs (overseas Filipino workers) were stationed there. The duty-free shop was overrun with Filipino workers selling cell phones and perfume. Meanwhile, I wanted to slash my wrist at the thought of being trapped in a plane with all of them.While I was on the plane (where the seats were so small I had bruises on my legs), my only consolation was the entertainment on the small flat screen in front of me. But it was busted, so I heaved a sigh, popped my sleeping pills and dozed off to the sounds of gum chewing and endless yelling of “HOY! Kumusta ka na? At taga sann ka? Domestic helper ka rin ba?” Translation: “Hey there? Where are you from? Are you a domestic helper as well?” I though I had died and God had sent me to my very own private hell.On my way back, I had to bravely take the economy flight once more. This time I had already resigned myself to being trapped like a sardine in a sardine can with all these OFWs smelling of AXE and Charlie cologne while Jo Malone evaporated into thin air."
by: Malu Fernandez
okay, reaction? anyone?
it was rude. way, way rude.
few days after publishing this particular article hate mails came pouring like rain. what would you expect? the gazillion OFW/OCW plus the multitude of their 'kamag-anak' here and abroad send hate mails... even calling her names.... i cannot blame them.
the controversy opened doors for topics of Freedom of Expression.....
what is the limits of our freedom to be heard?
well, practically no limitation on this.
as some people put it, once we say some thing we should be prepared for the consequences.....
accept it.
okay, my thoughts were interrupted by Juno.
going back to freedom.
yes, we have the freedom to express ourselves... no restrictions...
but it always comes with responsibility.
---
i just saw Hero Angeles (with all his ' Champorado' acting) on TV.... he's resurrected?
maybe channel 7 is getting the most out of him.... and that would be?..i don't know.
hmmm, that's the price he had to pay for keeping a greedy brother over a promising career (par none of his contemporaries, back then) and going against some of the 'institutions' of the industry.
hah, talk about expressing myself responsibly.
---
have you heard... Ara Mina will be singing our National Anthem on Manny Pacquiao's fight in Vegas.
divine intervention?
No comments:
Post a Comment