Sunday, August 05, 2012

#bethsbirthdaybash

27 years. no joke. I've got tons of things to be thankful for.  lots of things to apologize for. I have my share of shortcomings. am not perfect. I am doing my best to be the best there is. oftentimes it's just me. being me. I am making things complicated -stressing myself and others. I have hurt people. I know. sometimes I take them for granted. best of it all - I learned. Not to commit the same mistake twice, not to get too emotional and see things in a more intellectual way, be more understanding...most of all not to be someone else but me.

sometimes I got scared to show people how I feel, to tell them what I think  but I know there's no better way than honesty... too honest, too blunt. that's me. I'll have to practice tact.

I am thankful, very. inexplicably.

am thankful for all the blessings - material and otherwise (most especially)

To God Almighty - to the Supreme Being, to the one who Created me... thank You for waking me up every day, for all the blessings. thank You!

To my family - who loved me unconditionally. thank you for being the best family there is, for believing in me even when I doubt myself. for making me stronger. for pushing me, even when I don't want to. I know that you want the best for me, I'm just stubborn. runs in the blood :) our family is growing bigger, I am adjusting. I am trying my best to be accommodating. I love you all, no matter what. Family is family. you have my loyalty. you have my heart. I am doing the best to make you proud - prouder than you already are (conceit also runs in our blood :P)

To my friends - through the years - never let me down. I draw my strength from you. you inspire me to be a better person. you make me laugh, cry and sometimes wonder what I did to deserve you. some loved me unconditionally, others casual and passing - nonetheless I love you all. I'll never be the person I am without all of them I had my shortcomings, I know... thank you for accepting me as I am.

I won't apologize for the things I've done wrong because I have learned from them, that made me stronger... broaden my horizon..

as a resolution. I'll take heart. less inhibition. pursue the dreams I've had since I can remember. dare to make it a reality. I've got my back covered, I know. I'll focus. not razor sharp level but I'll get there. I will do my best.  never too late for anything :)

to 27 and more :)

No comments: