It is the day of love but I am writing of hate
When did I start hating her?
First, I do not hate her as in HATE her... but I do not like her. How did it all started? Hmmm, she had this questionable background (professionally), I do not know her personally to comment anything except for the ones that she does when she’s around... I will admit that there were instances during the 7 days of her ‘sitting-in’ (with me) that I feel sorry for her... trying to fit in to the world that seemed different from the one that she is comfortable with. Away from her, let us say, comfort zone. The last straw of respect went out one day when she yelled at one of my colleagues. It was... well, disrespectful. She, of all people, being there is her seat for 2 weeks (or less) dared to yell at him (who is senior in years spent at the office). Okay, the real issue is this, as a ‘manager’ one should not humiliate a ‘subordinate’ in public...sensitive case/s should be done in private. What’s the use of private rooms, right? One has no right humiliating another person. Manager or no manager. This is a simple rule not even in work ethics alone but in ethics in general...in life.
Okay, breathe... she is hmmm, pressured, stressed. Give her that one slip. Forgive her.
I did try my best but this I-have-all-the-right-to-humiliate-you-anytime-because-I’m-the-boss thing is eating her up. She is doing it every time. Not to me, of course (I do not think she can do it to me anyway, or what if she does....?) Her usual victims are the ones she believes would not fight back (except for the first guy, and now she learned her lesson well... not to mess up with him without really a good reason that she can slap at his face)... and guess what, most of the times they don’t. I know that they really wanted to fight back but hell they can’t because... she is the boss.
The last ounce of respect was now a thing of the past.
Haay...gone are the days when I think highly of my superiors...when I respected them more than anybody else; when I adored them truly and in a way loving them as my friend and/or family; when I think of them as family; when I work with them and for them; when I never get tired of doing things because I know that my boss is worthy of all of it...
Speaking of respect, there is this one quote she mentioned that is well... worth quoting: “Respect is not earned, it is within you”. Maybe she believed this crap too much that respect was well deep within her, and she needed not to earn anything from anyone else... maybe, she was blinded by too much respect that she had for herself that she is forgetting something more important...
In this time of love, I am writing this down because I believe that I can learn from this (and hopefully, you can too)... that the harsh reality is really harsh. There were people like her roaming the world as demi-gods...
Time may come we could be bosses, let us not forget what she had become... and what my colleagues and I think of her... no one cares much about her, except when she wears the title during office hours - just 8 hours every day, limited to 5 times a day (with holidays).
Can you think of yourself in her shoes?
Let us not become victims of our own doing.
Spread the love. Respect Others.
Have a Happy Heart’s Day!
Happy Feast day St. Valentine!
p.s. I really believe that there is some goodness in all of us. She can change. I am hoping for the best.
No comments:
Post a Comment