Entry done on: Midnight, Sunday (October 28, 2007)
Last Night Zena and I met, well I find it hard to say last night when it was just few hours ago (but last night nonetheless). I actually went to see her after work… it was more of my personal intentions since I want to set foot at the “new and improved” Robinson’s Ermita which according to some sources had a major facelift during my absence (or the gap between March and today). I originally set the time of our meeting but unfortunately I was caught up in slow moving traffic so I ended up being late for almost an hour.
On my way to our rendezvous-
I had a very adventurous time in between leaving the house and meeting Zena. I rode on an FX going to Lawton via Baclaran so it can save me time and money. I intended to go to SM Manila but the driver mistakenly interpreted that as SM Sucat so he decided to cut his trip short….with his final route to Kabihasnan (some palace in Sucat) instead of Lawton which he originally planned. It was my fault not his’. So I got off on SM Sucat, incidentally I am planning to give Zena any Bob Ong book since she mentioned her great interest in reading his work as of the last time we met… so dropping by at National Bookstore –SM Sucat is very timely. Impulsive as I am, I went to NBS asked the saleslady for any Bob Ong book without even checking on the stalls. After few minutes of searching for the elusive books she came up with 2 titles –Bakit Baligtad…. And Ang Alamat…- between the two I grabbed Bakit…not because of anything else but because I had no spare time to think. On my way to the counter I saw his one book that seemed to stand out among the rest…well, a book patterned on Jane Austen’s Mr. Darcy (character in Pride and Prejudice – if you have questions ask Juno)… as I’ve mentioned impulsive as I am I grabbed the book and head to the counter without thinking that I still have 4 books left unread over the past month (without a leaf turned) that I am planning to finish this year. On my way out of the store the sensor alarmed … being careless of the sales lady she forgot to do something in the books. The people in NBS never took noticed of me, except for the guard. Being a girl scout that I am, before the guard can even approach me I handed over the NBS plastic containing the books. After few minutes of doing miracles with the book Mr. Guard gave it back to me. I rushed out of the mall. Literally. I then rode a jeepney since I am unsuccessful in finding another FX – Lawton. While on the jeep, 3 manongs ride…scattered seats. Paranoia struck me, when manongs seat separately some fishy ideas hit me…could it be? One manong is seated beside me, the other in front of me while the third is a little far…some 3 persons away from me just behind the driver. First thing I did was to look at the person in front of me…think of any distinguishing mark in him…memorize his face if possible… get some clue on his identity or try to think of what he is capable of doing. Body wise, he exudes much more strength than I do…muscular manong, although he is a little short…he is packed and strong… can’t beat him. The next manong, the one beside me…I can’t see him clearly because he is technically really beside me and my surveillance would be obvious if I will look directly at him so I tried glimpses. He is taller than the previous manong but also muscular….I can’t stand a chance. Well, the third manong is far from me so I did not bother to look at him. The seats were all taken so I don’t think that the manongs will really target the whole jeep. I noticed that manong in front looks at me quite often (or is it paranoia?) and I even caught the manong beside me looking directly at me (we sort of locked glances for a split sec…) but being the ever resourceful that I am when the 3 first rode, I strategically took off my watch – the only accessory that I am fond of using nowadays- and put it in my bag. I examined myself, I don’t look like someone who had money…I am wearing jeans and shirt, no accessories, no anything…I do not even show my cell phone. Well did I mention that manong in front is looking at me frequently… as a defense (that I instantly thought of that very moment) I grabbed my bag and pull out the book that I am currently reading (not the new book I bought) and browse some pages while our vehicle is at halt. My idea was to give them the idea that I do not own cell phone, I am a student – a geek at that- no money at all. I think they bought the play, because manong in front of me looked like a dismayed patron and he immediately texted someone…. Incidentally manong beside me do happen to have someone texting him…odd? You bet! Well, these are just hunches. So instead of getting off at Baclaran I ended up leaving the jeep much earlier. Well, the 3 manongs still got off in the same place that I got off…but they never bother me or anything at all. At the Coastal I rode another FX via Lawton. Surprisingly manong driver of FX did not take the mabini route which he should have done instead he took the Roxas Boulevard route. I ended up walking from Baywalk to the street where I found another jeepney headed towards P. Gil. On my way Zena informed me that she is with ate Karen, and she already told the guards in school that I will be coming over…waiting for her. So it looked as if she owned the place.
The meeting did pull off at around 6.
Our first stop! Pedro Gil’s infamous (for me) DVD section…scavenging on the heaps of mouth-watering-pocket-purging items. Through the prying eye of Zena I manage to get my hand on a rare collection of Anime Movies with super interesting listings…. Although my original plan was to get some Koreanovela collection for the upcoming very long weekend next week but the particular DVD is a much better compared to any other Korean Drama. So I grabbed it. Next! We headed to the Robinson’s, ate dinner first then off we go. We just went around the Midtown portion of Robinson’s, and believe me I am awe-struck...the place was so beautiful, structure wise! Although there were limited shops/stalls in that part but I can see (just a vision) that soon enough it will be filled with gazillion stores and noises and lots of shoppers. The place will be a big hit. I specially liked the activity area.
We stopped by at Gbox, play some shooting game and pour our hearts out in Karaoke. All in all the Gbox stay was super fun. It is good to sing your heart out to unwind. We manage to kill some songs. Zena really wanted to sing on stage (speaking of exposure) but being timid as I am I strongly refused, so we ended up singing in one of the rooms. Off we go, since we have limited resources we decided to do rounds. I wanted to check out the anime store near Papemel but it was no longer there, so is the book sale store. We walked some more, bought earrings. Walked again. At Astrovision, I got the glimpse of the elusive – super elusive- Jang Dong Gun’s The Promise, unfortunately for me it is sold at a very high price…so I dropped the idea of buying it. Maybe next time.
We finally got out of the mall at around 9 p.m.
Stopped by at Garahe because of something that Zena needed to get from Ate Rose (Garahe). On our way out, I rummaged some DVD’s… I asked ate for a particular title…it took something before she brought out one…then I bought it…she gave it for Php80.00 instead of Php150.00 which according to one kuya is the original price. Maybe ate got mixed up, because it is very late and they are preparing to close. Nevertheless, I grabbed it.
Zena and I parted ways.
I decided to take the EDSA route and not Baclaran because of the hellish traffic situation on the latter.
I got home at around 11:30.
All in all, it was a great day. I enjoyed the feeling of being free. Doing anything you want to do, going to the place you love, being with the person you enjoyed being with….just enjoying the idea that for a few days I don’t have to think of reports and work… plus payday is near!
--
I would like to thank the following for the adventurous day:
• Great Teacher Onizuka – for without him I will not have the great urge to visit St. Paul and buy DVDs at Pedro Gil
• Ate Da – for without her money, the event is impossible to pull through
• FX driver 1 – via Lawton but decided to cut his trip short, for without him I wouldn’t pursue buying Bob Ong Book for Zena
• National Bookstore’s Sales Lady- for without her assistance, it would take me forever to buy the book… well, Zena loved Bakit….. so the credit is yours… loved the store.
• National Book Store’s Guard – for painstakingly doing your job
• 3 Manongs – if my hunches are wrong pardon, but without you guys I may be drooling over the traffic jam…you guys managed to keep me alert.
• FX Driver 2 – via Lawton, for without you I become totally bum…you let me realize the importance of exercise
• Jeepney driver 2 – via Pedro Gil
• Ate Loading Station – for without her the meeting will be impossible
• St. Paul’s Guards – Thanks mga kuya for the accommodation.
• St. Paul – for being there
• Robinson’s Place Ermita and its Midtown portion- for offering the best. (hey, you should be paying me for advertising you guys)
• GBOX – for bringing out the best in our tonsils, voice box and all.
• Astrovision – for lending some space for the movie The Promise which is so expensive that I need to go back and buy it some other time if I had money.
• KFC, Colonel Saunders- I forgot to mention that we ate their fully loaded meal. The soup is great! Nothing beats the place
• Aristocrat – for being there, just opposite KFC and for bringing out the old joke that KD’s share in entering the place if we can afford you.
• To the Kuyas and Ates selling DVD’s – for telling me that if anything turns bad, I can give the DVD back which is likely impossible because the fare to Pedro Gil is so expensive that I would rather bought new DVD than to return it to them (so sorry Edu Manzano, I can’t help buying pirated DVDs)
• Zena Magana- for accompanying me, giving in on my demands, stopping me when I needed to be stopped, for the patience, understanding and all the chismis in between.
I really enjoyed the day.
Finally, God Almighty although I don’t know who am I referring to, the Divine Providence, the Mystic Power, for the gift of Life.
-------
it is november 10.... two weeks had passed since this happened.well, the thrill of telling this story had passed but for the sake of posting......
i am using an on-screen keybord.... it is hard for me to compose a new one......but i must say that i had a good time last night.......must tell some other time......
No comments:
Post a Comment