Today is Yvette's first day at the office.
An inch closer to wreckers’ doomination
----
I had finished reading Dumas' The Count of Monte Cristo over the weekend. It is a good book, worth every second spent and every calorie burnt while lifting each page. The El Fili.’s likeness to the book is really obvious. Well, at least we are assured that like us during our thesis writing Rizal also is capable of plagiarizing. But since Rizal is our national hero, it would be blasphemous to talk about him in such manner and give the impression that he did things on purpose so I should rephrase my words. We are all aware that (thanks to Sir Teddy!) Dumas’ work is one of the most influential literary works for Rizal. It could be possible that he (Rizal) mistook his visions/memory of Dumas’ works to his own pure thoughts. And that it is purely accidental.
Let’s leave Rizal and go back to Dumas.
The book is very inspirational and moving.
It made me walk the lives of the character. Read their thoughts and in some way understand where they want to go, what they want to do.
The first chapters made me believe that the Count himself do not believe in God, because he proclaimed himself as the providence himself. He literally pulls the strings of the lives of those men who had caused him pain and suffering. But in the end he declared complete submission to God.
Odd but nonetheless a good book to keep you company.
-------
The sum of Human Wisdom: Hope and wait.
-The Count of Monte Cristo-
-----
Finally our cable line is installed. I spent all my life last weekend watching every show that I feel watching.
-----
I (finally) watched the special on Hatshepsut
----
Featured on Discovery’s State of Mind is the Story of NoKor. They treat their ‘General’ as God. Literally living their whole life for him… they are brainwashed to believe in every thing that the state says, or their ‘General’ wills. I admire their loyalty but I pity their lack of strength to fight fate.
It’s as if living a life in a script.
It is hard; they were deprived of all the luxuries that we lavishly enjoy. Good books, comfortable life, food…most especially they do not have the will to choose, to decide…. Everything is imposed on them… I remember that I always whine about not having internet and cable connection in the past days but those people does not know that the two ever existed. They have sole TV channel, a state channel where propaganda shows were shown 5 hours a day, nothing more. The sole radio station is still a propaganda station which the people are not allowed to turn off, 24/7.
At school, children are taught English but in script, they are not taught how to construct their own thoughts. They live in the path of becoming a good ‘communist’. They do what is being told them to do.
Well, I hope someday someone will rise to power and put these people to their rightful places.
---
Which made me think of the story of the ogre in the castle
---
Well, as Monte Cristo mentioned…. Hope and Wait.
So until then.
No comments:
Post a Comment